Powered By Blogger

Friday, March 4, 2011

My one year Freedom Church Anniversary

A year ago this weekend I walked into the doors of North Cobb High School to attend services at Freedom Church. Who knew that my life would change so much in a year? Who knew how much God would change my heart in a year? I have always grown up in church my entire life but in the year before attending Freedom I just didn't care about church, I still cared about God but I didn't really care about him. I wanted to raise my daughter in church but I just couldn't find the church where I felt I had a calling to be in or where God really wanted me to be. I really wasn't even trying that hard though, until a friend of mine Tyler kept mentioning to me about this church called Freedom.  So I decided to try it out, in which was a turning point in my life. I started attending Freedom and began to fill not only the love from the people around me towards others but also the passion that they had for God. The passion that was surrounding me for those who are from God to experience life in Christ. I couldn't wait to jump on board and start partnering, I couldn't believe how welcoming everyone was and how much I enjoyed be with the kids. I loved going in every Sunday at 8 am setting up pipe and drape and laying down floors, knowing that I could make an impact on childs life and that they may know who Jesus was. Not only was I finding my passion and calling, I was also understand more about God's grace and love. I was finally understanding it all, and with this I was really yearning for more. I started reading my bible and actually enjoying Christian books. I have found an amazing group of ladies their who I consider my close friends and prayer partners. I know that if I ever need one of them to pray for me about something that they won't judge me whatsoever. They have proved this time and time again. I am so excited about what God has done in my life and Addisons life this past year at Freedom. I can't imagine what he has in store for the next year!! I really just can't say anything except thank you Lord for Freedom Church!

No comments:

Post a Comment