Powered By Blogger

Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Day 7 of Absolutely No Ranch Whatsoever

   
Day 7 of Absolutely No Ranch Whatsoever
Well this marks the 7th day of my absolutely no ranch whatsoever month, plus my absolutely nothing but water to drink 7th day!! Its been hard, I am talking really really hard. I really love Ranch, its like a sin to me how much I think about it. I eat Ranch on everything, and I mean everything. I am talking Hamburgers, Hot dogs, Sandwhiches, tacos, and everything else that is edible. I even sometimes put it in my Ramen Noodles. I know sick right?? But it just tastes soo good. I love ranch!! No other way to put it I just love ranch!

However while I  have been reading Made to Crave by Lysa Terkeurst (Click here if you wanna check out her awesome blog, which I totally think you should) she really points out deep to the core of what we crave instead of God. I mean this healthy life is more then just what will I look like when I look at the scale, its about how I identify myself and how I feel that God views me.  Its like this with my ranch, I think about it late at night and I start thinking what can eat with it,  : / pretty pathetic right?? Well Lysa Terkeurst showed something that was totally bothersome to me but in a good way. It goes back to the verse Matthew 19:21 in which says "If you want to be perfect [whole], go, sell your possessions and give to the poor, and you will have treasure in heaven. Then come, follow me" Soo pretty much Jesus is looking at me saying "I want you to give up the one thing you crave more than me. Then come, follow me"(Thanks Lysa for pointing these things out).

Hmm  well what do I do to my body that is totally awful yep eat about 1,000 calories a day which is holding me back from everything I want to be for myself, my husband, my daughter, and God. So I started this Absolutely No Ranch Whatsoever Month, then on April 1st I may start eating it again, but it will be Lite Ranch and totally in moderations. Ranch is my comfort food, but I need to take comfort in God and not Ranch.  Here is a verse that I tell myself everytime I have an urge to eat Ranch "Everything is permissible-but not everything is beneficial" (1 Corinthians 10:23).

I love what Lysa says on page 16 of Made to Crave ---"God made us capable of craving so we'd have an unquenchable desire for more of Him, and Him alone. Nothing changes until we make the choice to redirect our misguided cravings to the only one capable of satisfying them."

---Umm I love this, don't you!!
 

As I keep reading Made to Crave I will keep writing about it. If you haven't got your copy of Made to Crave  then make sure to click here and check out all the tools you will need to start this journey!! Thank you Dallas for getting me this book!

No comments:

Post a Comment